Are you a law-abiding citizen? Are you SURE? While you may not have spent your afternoon stealing and murdering the day away, that doesn’t mean you’re immune to getting in trouble with your local authorities. As it turns out, the “straight and narrow” is a lot more winding and difficult to navigate than you’d think. Just take a look at these ridiculous laws, all of which are still in place today.
1. It is illegal to own a red car in Shanghai, China.
2. Moscow weathermen can be fined for inaccurate forecasts.
3. It is illegal to purchase or consume whiskey in the town in which Jack Daniel’s is produced.
5. In American beer commercials, a person can never actually be shown drinking a beer.
6. A hunting license is required to catch mice in Cleveland, Ohio.
7. It is illegal to marry a dead person in France.
8. If both parties are blood donors, it is legal to have a duel in Paraguay.
9. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.
10. In Quitman, Georgia, it is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.
11. It is illegal to slam your car door in Switzerland.
12. In San Antonio, Texas, it is illegal to flirt.
13. It is illegal to get a fish drunk in Ohio.
14. In North Carolina, it is illegal to sing off-key.
15. In Eureka, Nevada, it is illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
Don’t worry, reading this list is totally legal… I think. Many of these laws were created for a specific reason in the past but no one ever got around to taking them off the books. (Although, I can still understand the whole “off key” thing. That’s so annoying.) Click below to share this list with others!