Coconut oil keeps grabbing attention as a popular beauty and weight loss tool. Lifestyle and beauty expert Christine Kobzeff takes a few minutes to show you how to use coconut oil in place of traditional beauty products in her YouTube video. Check out a few of her suggestions:
1. Use coconut oil as a hand moisturizer and cuticle oil: Simply use a soft makeup pad to rub the oil into the cuticles. Kobzeff recommends applying the oil without nail polish on. After massaging the oil into the cuticles, use a cuticle stick to push cuticles back, gently. Just rub any excess into your hands, according to her YouTube video.
2. Use coconut oil for scalp treatment: Take an eyedropper full of liquid coconut oil (or warm a teaspoon or so in your hands), and massage it into your scalp from temples to the top of your hairline, according to the YouTube video. You can also rub the oil throughout the rest of your hair. Put on a shower cap, wrap it up and keep it in for a few hours for maximum results. Wash and rinse as usual, she explains in her video.
3. Use coconut oil as a makeup remover: Put a little coconut oil on a cotton pad and wipe it across your face. It removes makeup easily and leaves your skin soft. You can even use it to remove eye makeup, Kobzeff says in her video.
4. Use a coconut oil and sugar mixture to create a foot and body scrub: Kobzeff shares her recipe, and it takes less than 5 minutes to make. Coconut oil and sugar are the base. Mix 2 cups of sugar with 1 cup of liquid coconut oil (you may have to melt it first) and mix. You can add different scents (or use scented coconut oil) as preferred. Use a clean scoop each time you use it, and don’t store it in the shower, to avoid getting bacteria into your mixture. To use: simply massage on feet and body like you would with regular body scrub, she says in her YouTube video.
5. Use coconut oil to shave your legs: Rub the oil on your legs, shave as usual, and rinse. You’ll have softer legs without having to pay for store-bought shaving cream, Kobzeff says in the tips video.
What are some other ways you use coconut oil for your daily routine?